Most Popular Products
|Home||» Products||» Industrial Chemicals||» Caustic Soda Flakes|
Caustic Soda Flakes
Product Code : 11
Caustic Soda is a versatile basic chemical with a wide range of industrial applications. It is highly soluble is water and is practically insoluble in most organic solvents exceptalcohols. It is available in the from of lye (solution in water), as solid and as flakes.
- Used in the refining of alumina containing ore like bauxite to produce aluminum oxide
- It is a component of drilling mud and is used to increase viscosity
- It is used in paper industries for making paper
- Used for the manufacture of biodiesel
- Used as a catalyst for the trans esterification of methanol and triglycerides
- Used with water as paint stripper on wooden objects
- It is used to neutralize acids
- It is a source of sodium ions for reactions that produce other sodium compounds
- When Caustic Soda is reacted with cellulose, it produces rayon and cellophane
- Used for water treatment
Packaging- 50 kg Bags
Sodium Hydroxide (as NaOH dry basis)
99.50 % min.
Sodium Carbonate (as Na2CO3)
0.40 % max.
Chlorides (as NaCl)
0.10 % max.
Iron (as Fe +3)
20 ppm max.